Marble cake is one of the most popular cakes sold in Kerala bakeries. The choco and vanilla layers fascinated me from childhood days. Having this cake is like a double treat, you can enjoy both the flavours in a single bite.
All Purpose flour / Maida - 2 cups
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Butter - 100 gms, softened
Powdered sugar - 1+1/4 cups
Eggs - 2 (at room temperature)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Milk - 1 cup (luke warm)
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
1. Sift together maida and baking powder in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add eggs and whisk well. Add the vanilla essence and milk and whisk together. Add the flour and whisk well till all ingredients are combined well and you get a smooth batter without any lumps.
3. Preheat oven to 180C and grease a cake tin.
4. Pour half of the cake mix in the tin. Add the cocoa powder to the other half in the bowl,and combine well. Pour this cocoa mix on top of the vanilla layer in the cake tin . Using a knife or toothpick, swirl the batter to create a marbling effect.
5. Bake for 30-40 mins. Check if cake is done by inserting a skewer in the middle. Let the cake cool completely.
Linking with my own event ABC Series:DESSERTS that ends tomorrow.
The Kerala Kitchen - Jan 2012 hosted by Kaveri, an event series started by Ria and Rose.
Cooking concepts - Chocolate Fest by Sravani
Chocolate lover @Daily Cuppa
Valentine's day event @ Teenz Yummy delights
Chocolate Mela @ Cooking 4 all seasons
Valentine's special @ Anzz cafe
Tea time snack event @ Torview